The excitement is in the air! Realm Makers 2014. A symposium for people of faith who love speculative fiction. You might have seen the Blog Voyage around cyberspace, but today the sky galleon has arrived at our little port, bearing an awesome prize and bringing with it, the ambassador who will share a bit about Realm Makers. So without further ado:
Why would a speculative fiction writer want to attend such a unique (and smaller) writer’s conference? Oh, let me count the ways!
- Realm Makers has the unique platform of being a conference for Christians. We often feel that we are not weird enough to be in with the general crowd, and not normal enough to be in with the CBA people. At Realm Makers, we find ourselves among like-minded individuals, who, regardless whether they write for general market or CBS, have the same worldview that we do.
- Tosca Lee is the keynote speaker this year. Need I say more?
- Realm Makers offers some extra perks: costume awards banquet, flash fiction critique party as an early bird on Thursday night, and an onsite bookstore.
- Everyone gets to learn at the feet of some of the best in the industry like Jeff Gerke and LB Graham, while enjoying workshops on everything from the business side of writing to world-building and Christian taboos (Horror? Magic? Zombies?)
- Realm Makers is rounding up even more agents and editors willing to hear pitches and look at one-sheets and chapters.
- New relationships are forged and sealed in blood. Last year, over half of the New Authors Fellowship finally got to meet in person. Several people found new critique partners and beta readers. A few have even embarked on new projects together. So, networking, networking, networking.
- You really never know what is going to happen next. Last year, not only did Ben Wolf show us how to stage fight—he made us get up and try it out ourselves. Well, some of us anyway.
- Did I mention the costume banquet?
- And Tosca Lee?
- Still on the fence? How about 2+ days of fun, learning, and networking for the low, low price of $250 + room/food? Yes!
And now for the prize! Scroll down to enter in the rafflecopter.
- Grand Prize: Writer’s T.A.R.D.I.S. Basket: It’s bigger on the inside!
- Books by Tosca Lee, LB Graham, Morgan Busse, Bryan Thomas Schmidt, Rebecca P. Minor, and Aquasynthesis Again by Spashdown Books
- Digital subscription to Havok magazine
- 5-page edit from Grace Bridges of Splashdown Books
- New Authors Fellowship pin and Writer’s Resources flash drive from Kristen Stieffel
- Beautiful homemade basket to put it all in from Ralene Burke
- Two other lucky people will win a digital subscription to Havok magazine and a 5-page edit from Grace Bridges.
Don’t forget to check out the other ports!
2/17: Marcher Lord Press
2/18: Rebecca P. Minor
2/19: Ralene Burke
2/20: Morgan Busse
2/21: Pauline Creeden
2/22: Frank Luke
2/24: New Authors Fellowship
2/25: Travis Perry
2/26: Kat Heckenbach
2/27: Nadine Brandis
2/28: Cindy Koepp
3/1: Pam Halter
3/3: Amanda Luedeke
3/5: LB Graham
3/6: Kristen Stieffel
3/7: Randy Streu
3/8: Tosca Lee