Greetings Fellow Adventurers!
Wow, what a crazy year 2015 was!
I feel like I can’t quite jump into the new year without a little recap:
- Our bedroom flooded, which resulted in digging out the foundation, which got my hubby in super-work-dude mode. And he went on to build a storage shed and tearing down our old termite-eaten one. And then he decided to build a porch/patio on the back of our house.
- My sister and her kids came to visit.
- REALM MAKERS!
- Even though I was moving slower than I liked in bringing you all the next segment of Ayianna’s journey, I still made progress.
- I moved all three short stories and Secrets Kept over to my imprint.
- Did my first cover job for the lovely Ralene Burke and I plan to do more!
- AND Darkened Hope is out for an line edit. Whoot!
I tried to rest and refuel during Christmas vacation and spend quality time with the kiddos and hubs, and then we all got sick except my son. So between sick and trying to finish up my 2015 commitments and gearing up for 2016, I may or may not have taken a break like I should have. But I did watch Inside Out with the kids, twice, and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. And I did play one game of Farkle and I finally watched Jurassic World!!! Still processing that one. Ha! So overall it was a very wet, but nice, low-key holiday minus the small tornado threat. 😀
And I sort of finished my Vision Board! I’m not sure I’ve found my theme song and word for this year. But hey, FEARLESS will be a forever journey for me.
Anyways, here’s to 2016!
- Cover reveal ……….. January 25th! Although, I plan to give a little sneak peek for my C.O.R. and Newsletter subscribers.
- Advanced Reader Copies……could be ready as soon as March!
- Publication date…….. May 2016. That is if all goes well.
But wait–that’s only up until spring. We have the whole year ahead of us!
- Rewrite book THREE!!!! I have a sort of working name for it, but I’m not sure I like it. Yet. So for now it shall be known as book III/three/3.
- Clans Divided……..revise, get critiqued, edit, polish, publish. Goal February 2017.
And of course, I have non-writing related goals:
- Eat healthier
- Exercise more
- READ 12 fiction books, 3 writing/marketing books, some self-help/devotional books, but more about that later
- Remember to live a bit more
- Talk to my friends more. ha!
I will be going home this summer! Well, the whole family will be coming with too. It’s been a little over four years since I’ve been back to Minnesota. So I’m so looking forward to seeing family and friends that I’ve not seen in years.
That said, there will be no Realm Makers for me. *weeping* But we shall see what other surprises may come for 2016.
So what say you? Do you have any goals for this year? Please share! I had a high school teacher say that the more people you tell, the more committed you become to your goals. I’m not sure if that has been my experience, but hey, it’s worth a shot, eh?
Have a great week!