I’ve been tagged!
Jenelle Leanne Schmidt is hosting the 5th annual February is Fantasy Month and she has tagged me in the #fantasymonth challenge. Are you interested in participating? Consider yourself tagged!
- Thank the blogger who tagged you.
- Include the graphic somewhere in your post.
- Link back to this blog somewhere in your post.
- Answer the questions.
- Tag a few blogger friends – and let them know they’ve been tagged
- Have fun!
And now I tag:
Don’t forget about the awesome giveaway she is doing too. Among many great books, you could also win a signed copy of one of mine, your choice!
So without further ado, the tag!
1. In a strange twist of fate, you are transported into a fantasy realm of your choice. The catch? You have also been transformed into your least favorite fantasy creature. Where are you, and what are you?
Hogwarts! But I can’t think of a least favorite creature except for the real nasty ones and I don’t want to envision myself as anything like that! I mean, I really don’t want to be a dementor. Ha! What a conundrum! Perhaps a house elf? Although they have special magic, they are bound to a household. And if I got in with a dark wizard, that would be bad, very bad. How about I just be a niffler? Oh, shiny!
2. What fantasy creature do you wish featured in more stories? What is your favorite story that has that creature in it?
Unicorns! Favorite story with them in it….. Tales of Goldstone Wood series.
3. As you are reading this, a voice rings in your ear proclaiming:
A hero true, a leader strong,
A quest is where you do belong,
So arm thyself, and take your stand
With an item to your left your fate is at hand.
Besides the fact that this prophetic voice is clearly incapable of sticking to a meter, what ordinary item do you now find yourself armed with? (And, for bonus points, what helpful magical properties does it now possess that will help you on your quest?)
My planner. I guess I will be keeping our quest on track. Ha!
4. You happen across an ad in a catalogue promising a magical fantasy cruise that will allow you to stop in any three realms of your choice and explore each for several days before returning you home (and the ad promises your safe return or your money back, guaranteed!) Assuming this is not a hoax and that the tour guides will actually be able to cater to your requests, what three realms will you tour and what do you hope to see/who would you like to meet along the way?
This cruise would not be long enough for all the places I want to see.
1. Middle Earth!!! I want to see it all!
2. Hogwarts, yes please!
3. Tales of Goldstone Wood. I’d love to see the Southlands and the Woods Between. I want to meet Eanrin, Lionheart, and Prince of Farthestshore
5. Congratulations! You are a fantasy hero/heroine about to start your adventure. You get to choose a small fantasy creature to accompany and assist you on your quest. Who/what do you choose?
A magical, sentient dragon….like Kale’s minor dragons from the DragonKeeper Chronicles.
6. Elves or dwarves?
I’m a bit partial to elves, although I’d probably relate more to a dwarf. Ha!
7. Do you prefer your dragons (we had to have at least one question devoted solely to dragons!) good or evil or a mix of both?
Good! But I supposed any being has the right to choose, eh? Where would Bilbo be without Smaug?
8. World building is a complicated undertaking full of many details. As a reader, what is a small detail you really appreciate seeing when it comes to diving into a new realm? What is something that helps you lose yourself in a fantasy world?
A MAP!!! I love them. It’s a promise of the adventure to come! Good descriptions that are succinct and creative are one way that help immerse myself into a fantasy world.
9. You have been transformed into your favorite fantasy creature. Problem is… you’re still in your own bedroom and your family is downstairs, completely unprepared for this shock. What creature are you, and how (if at all) do you break the news to your loved ones? (Or how do you get out of your room?)
I’d transform into a mermaid. I’d sing to my family, and they’d come rushing upstairs to see where such a beautiful voice was coming from. Ha! Then I’d ask for help to get me to the bathtub before my scales dried out. Ha! Then we would have to problem solve and discuss building a pool in the backyard.