2019 was crazy.
The year saw us adjusting to a new life here in San Antonio, which has been amazing all things considered. And I am NOT talking about the traffic. Wowzer. I feel my anxiety spike just thinking about it! So, moving on!
We accomplished so much!
I rang in 2019 creating a new website. My old one crashed and I LOST all my old posts. Although I reblogged a few posts such as Buried Alive and Plot Twist. And of course, the ABC’s of Nälu. I might have to do a follow up to Buried Alive and Plot Twist, since life changed so much since writing those.
2020 I wanted to go to bed early, but THAT wasn’t going to happen. Our neighborhood rings in the new year with an impressive display of fireworks, in the street, in front of our house, so we watched a cheesy movie and one not so cheesy instead, and then sat on my daughter’s bed to watch the fireworks through her window. Ha!
202o has me scrambling already to keep up. I don’t think I ever recovered since I shared a progress report with you all about getting slammed back in November. I didn’t even make Christmas goodies like I had planned. Oh well. There is always next year right?
On top of trying to get back into the swing of things, my hubby decided to do some major home improvement projects over the holidays. I JUST finished. No, take that back. I still have to put the finishing paint on the sides of the wall. Ha!
Needless to say, my recap of 2019 and looking forward to 2020 has been somewhat delayed. BUT I did manage to sends out a newsletter at the beginning of December.
So here is 2019 at a glance in the review mirror.
- Website redone
- Recorded myself reading Secrets Kept and uploaded them to Youtube. I’m such a dork. Ha!
- Did two read-alongs in my Facebook group, which I so sadly neglect. Sorry, friends.
- Created Clans Divided for my newsletter peeps. Question is, should I release it as a novella???
- We saw the release of CURSE BOUND!!!
- Did my first presentation on world-building and map-making at NerdvanaCon. Loved it!
- I’ve designed FIVE covers, not counting my own two. See them here: Illusionary and Children of the Forgotten/Journey of the Forgotten. You’ll have to wait to see the fifth one. As soon as the author is ready to reveal it, I will share it with you all.
My path before me is shrouded in fog and darkness. BUT I am working on a epic fantasy trilogy with hints of steampunk while I am building my fantasy mystery. I plan to do a lot more reading this year. Books on writing, books outside my favorite genre, books on personal and professional development. I want to grow, to improve in all aspects of my life.
Here are a few things I am considering this year:
- Compiling all the short stories into a paperback.
- Releasing Clans Divided as a novella.
- Finish writing the entire trilogy of current story world.
- Continue brainstorming and worldbuilding for my mystery fantasy.
- Tweak my planner a bit.
- Design a workbook and an activity book.
- Read and read some more. 🙂
- Grow and grow some more!
What are some of your goals for 2020?
2 thoughts on “Looking Back, Looking Forward”
Just writing around the edges, like the rest of us, huh? Lots of luck with the writing this year! I’m trying to read more, too. It’s been nice to find some really good books that I like. My tastes have changed, so it’s been tricky.
Hi Kessie! Yep! I’ve been struggling with the temptation to get it all done first before I sit down to write. Silly me. I know that’s not practical. Ha! But I’m learning to divide up my time properly. Ha! I feel like my tastes have changed as well, and I think that’s why I’ve been in such a reading rut lately. Thank you for stopping by! And good luck on your writing this year as well as the drawings! You’ve been doing amazing work!
Comments are closed.